FREEDOM FROM THE BURDEN OF THE SOUL

By Rev.Michael Benson Ajayi 
Ps 38:4-6 NKJV ” For my iniquities have gone over my head; Like a heavy burden they are too heavy for me.   My wounds are foul and festering Because of my foolishness.  I am troubled, I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long. “
     There are performance indicators embedded in all mankind with respect to meeting with God’s approval . He keeps in perfect peace those whose hearts are set on fulfilling his divine will on earth .Peace is a divine virtue .It cannot be bought with money. Neither can it be decreed upon a person through intercessory prayers. It is the fruit of righteousness . Isa 26:3 KJV says  “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.”
    Living outside God’s will leads to unrest Ps 32:3  KJV “When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long. For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.”  It creates a sense of emptiness and dryness that no amount of pleasure can quench.
      A life outside God’s plans  results in misery that can only be overcome by making a U-turn and embracing the truth of God's word  Ps 51:3-4 KJV says “ For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: ,,”  and Ps 73:21-22 KJV “Thus my heart was grieved, and I was pricked in my reins.  So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee”.  Sometimes we try to suppress the voice of the conscience but it only gets louder,you cannot fight against truth.
       Another indicator of a life in error is the sting of the conscience (subconscious mind)  Acts 2:37-38” KJV “Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?  Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”  These people practiced religion and after receiving the truth of the gospel they discovered, religious devotion cannot make a person righteous.Some of the most corrupt persons in our country seek the help of religious leaders to perpetrate their evil like King Ahab and his four hundred prophets (1kings22). The most commited religious devotee is uncertain about his or her salvation  because religion does not guarantee a person’s salvation, only a personal relationship with God through a savior can. Extreme religious devotion can be frustrating and suicidal; a major reason for the increase in terrorism the world over.
        Any preaching on righteousness, temperance and eternal judgment terrorizes anyone living in error; it is a major reason why many religious Christians change church at random; seeking for a church that celebrates sin (2Pet.2:1-22,2Tim4:3).  Preachers of righteousness are unpopular. While Paul preached righteousness to a highly placed political figure he took offence  Acts 24:25 KJV“ And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come Felix trembled, and answered, Go thy way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee”   It is possible to live outside God’s will and yet be rich materially however, riches cannot cure misery , it only makes it worse . Rev 3:17 TLB says "You say, 'I am rich, with everything I want; I don't need a thing!' And you don't realize that spiritually you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked. “therefore, only turning to God  can end the misery . As you receive Jesus Christ as lord and savior and read this now receive overwhelming peace in Jesus name.
Prayer /counseling +2348098536911 ,+2348035536911,email:michaelbensonajayi@gmail.com 
photo credit: dailymail 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAK EVIL FAMILY PATTERNS

CONSEQUENCES OF LACK OF FAITH

COMMON CAUSES OF DISUNITY.