JESUS DECLARED HE WAS THE SON OF GOD AND MESSIAH

 


By Rev Michael Benson Ajayi  

" But Jesus was silent and made no reply. Then the high priest asked him, “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?” Jesus said, “ I Am . And you will see the Son of Man seated in the place of power at God’s right hand and coming on the clouds of heaven. ”Mark 14:61‭-‬62 NLT

   Just before his crucifixion Jesus Christ was questioned by the high priest  about his identity . Jewish law considered it an abomination for anyone to take on himself or herself the  attribute of divinity . It was punishable by death .

      Jesus Christ was well aware of the implications of his answer   He wanted to answer the question that future religionists would ask " Show me were Jesus Christ said he was the Messiah or God ? This is what every Christian should be ready to encounter on a daily basis against Satan and his agents .This is where power to work great signs and wonders dwells . 

   When asked about his divinity  by the woman at the well , the bible says  'The woman said, “I know the Messiah is coming—the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.” Then Jesus told her, “ I Am the Messiah!” John 4:25‭-‬26 NLT

  After healing a man that was born blind a feat thought to be impossible by the religious leaders but possible with God, the question about Jesus' divinity arose . When they sought to know who he was the bible says "When Jesus heard what had happened, he found the man and asked, “Do you believe in the Son of Man? ” The man answered, “Who is he, sir? I want to believe in him.” “You have seen him,” Jesus said, “and he is speaking to you!” “Yes, Lord, I believe!” the man said. And he worshiped Jesus." John 9:35‭-‬38 NLT Bible 
  Worthy of note is the last verse which says "...he worshipped Jesus " Jesus Christ did not discourage the healed man from worshipping  him .
   The bible says  " Once again the people picked up stones to kill him. Jesus said, “At my Father’s direction I have done many good works. For which one are you going to stone me?” why do you call it blasphemy when I say, ‘I am the Son of God’? After all, the Father set me apart and sent me into the world.  But if I do his work, believe in the evidence of the miraculous works I have done, even if you don’t believe me. Then you will know and understand that the Father is in me, and I am in the Father.”
 John 10:31‭-‬32‭, ‬36‭, ‬38 NLT
  The bible is best understood when viewed metaphorically. This is were a lot of persons miss the secretes in the bible. The last statement says ". the father is in me , and I am in the father "  meaning i and the father are homogenously united in functionality and ability like fire and heat  , sun and sun-rays. 

Prayer : Heavenly father forgive me of my sins against you I believe Jesus Christ died and was raised again for my salvation I receive him as lord and saviour and receive the Holy Spirit and superior wisdom for excellence in Jesus name.
+2348035536911 , +2348098536911 e-mail michaelbensonajayi@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAK EVIL FAMILY PATTERNS

CONSEQUENCES OF LACK OF FAITH

COMMON CAUSES OF DISUNITY.