HOLY GHOST- INSPIRED OFFERINGS GIVES UNCOMMON PEACE

 


By Rev. Michael Benson Ajayi 

  "Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:6‭-‬7 NLT

   The Church in Philippi was devoted to the course of promoting the gospel by helping God's messengers . They were closely associated with the church at Macedonia and understood the power behind giving by the leading of the Holy Spirit .

  Whenever we give by the leading of the Holy Spirit it is different from any type of giving . Holy Spirit- inspired giving is like oxygen , it is something you cannot do without . I once visited a preacher during which we shared God's word and prayed for God's will for his Church in an extraordinary manner , as soon as I left his office I had driven to a about a kilometer when I had a strong leading to return back and give him an offering . On getting to his office he was shocked to see me give him the exact amount of money that was meant for contribution by preachers for a particular course . He asked who informed me about the contribution since I was not in the meeting and I shared my experience with him. 

   Paul  describes this in 2 Corinthians 8:7 as 'this grace' . It was what motivated the poor members of the church in Macedonia to plead with Paul to receive the gifts sent by them to him " They begged us again and again for the privilege of sharing in the gift for the believers in Jerusalem.  They even did more than we had hoped, for their first action was to give themselves to the Lord and to us, just as God wanted them to do.

" 2 Corinthians 8:4‭-‬5 NLT

    This type of giving is not for everyone . It is a rare privilege , demonstrating a very great hunger for God. Satisfaction in life only comes from a hunger for God ( Matt.5:6) 

   Abraham was driven by this grace in Genesis 18:3‭-‬5 NLT “My Lord,” he said, “if it pleases you, stop here for a while. Rest in the shade of this tree while water is brought to wash your feet. And since you’ve honored your servant with this visit, let me prepare some food to refresh you before you continue on your journey.” “All right,” they said. “Do as you have said.” The reward for 'this grace' is the uncommon peace that comes from privileged information, angelic assistance with the power of intercession and access to persons of great faith. 

 We are enjoined to " Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:9 NLT  They learnt by association with Paul that this was a sure way to uncommon peace in times of crisis. 

By this Abraham broke the yoke of barrenness , Elisha took over Elijah's mantel , Joshua and  Caleb took over Moses' leadership , Naomi excelled maritally  , Esther delivered the Jews , Samuel took over Eli's office, Joseph attained great heights in a foreign land through this grace' when it is at work in you you'll beg for your offering to be received by an anointed servant of God.  

Prayer : Heavenly Father forgive me of my sins against you I believe Jesus Christ died and was raised again for my salvation I receive him as lord and saviour and receive the Holy Spirit and great peace in times of crisis.

+2348035536911, +2348035536911 e-mail michaelbensonajayi@gmail.com

   

     




   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAK EVIL FAMILY PATTERNS

CONSEQUENCES OF LACK OF FAITH

COMMON CAUSES OF DISUNITY.