HOW JESUS BE GOD AND YET CRIED FOR HELP ON THE CROSS (PART1)

  


By Rev Michael Benson 

Matthew 27 : 46 is a messianic psalm written to get the attention of the Jews who have been waiting for a messiah . Prophet king David spoke of this in psalm 22:1 "My God, my God, why hast thou  forsaken me 

also spoke of the messiah in psalm 110:1 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou  at my right hand, until I make thine  enemies thy footstool."

From the statement " the lord said to my Lord .." we can see another example of self affirmation or talking to one's self.. Or else the question would be asked ' which lord is speaking to which Lord?

Before the incidence in Matthew 27: 46 Jesus Christ told his disciples 

That he will give his life and be raised on the third day . 

Matthew 17: 22 And while they  abode in Galilee, Jesus said unto them,  "The Son of man shall be betrayed into  the hands of men: 23 And they shall kill  him, and the third day he shall be  raised again. And they were exceeding  sorry.'

IT WAS NOT A HELPLESS AND MISERABLE DEATH BUT ONE NEEDED TO

Demonstrate God's love for humanity and secondly fulfill the demands of the laws of Moses which requires that sacrifice be made to atone for sins.

Since their was no priest ,due to the sins of humanity , the sacrifice was also polluted .

God became the sacrifice and the priest . 

The high priest said according to the law one man will die for the salvation of humanity John11: 49" And one of them,  named  Caiaphas, being the high priest that  same year, said unto them, Ye know  nothing at all, 50 Nor consider that it is  expedient for us, that one man should  die for the people, and that the whole  nation perish not. 51 And this spake he  not of himself: but being high priest  that year, he prophesied that Jesus  should die for that nation; 52 And not  for that nation only, but that also he  should gather together in one the  children of God that were scattered  abroad. 53 Then from that day forth  they took counsel together for to put  him to death." 

JESUS GAVE HIS LIFE BY HIS POWER , HE WAS NOT POWERLESS

THE CRUCIFIXION WAS AUTHORIZED AND ARRANGED BY GOD IN JESUS CHRIST. 

JOHN 19:10 'Then saith Pilate unto him,  Speakest thou not unto me? knowest  thou not that I have power to crucify  thee, and have power to release thee?  11 Jesus answered,  Thou couldest  have no power at all against me,  except it were given thee from above:  therefore he that delivered me unto  thee hath the greater sin."

'John 10:17 'Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. "

John 10:17 "Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. "

Prayer: Heavenly Father forgive me of my sins against you I believe Jesus Christ died and was raised again for my salvation I  receive him as lord and saviour and ask to be filled with the Holy spirit and faith for the miraculous.

+2348035536911 +2348098536911 email michaelbensonajayi @gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAK EVIL FAMILY PATTERNS

CONSEQUENCES OF LACK OF FAITH

COMMON CAUSES OF DISUNITY.