HAPPILY ENDURE CRISIS FOR A GREATER FUTURE

  


  By Rev. Michael Benson Ajayi 

   "Instead, be very glad—for these trials make you partners with Christ in his suffering, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing his glory when it is revealed to all the world. But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by his name!" 1 Peter 4:13‭, ‬16 NLTBible 

   Suffering is part of the human life experience more so if you have chosen the part of righteousness. The born again believer is seen as an easy prey by the wicked given the peaceful disposition of the Christian towards life. 

   The believer is likened to water and gold ; one of the processes of purification of these elements is by fire. Fire does not burn gold and water. The hotter the fire the purer the gold and also the higher its value . It is a win win situation for the believer. 

   It is with this understanding that Job said " Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him...."Job 13:15 NKJVBible  and Paul said " Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ" Philippians 3:8 NKJVBible

   There is so much to gain in Christ through sufferings. Therefore, suffering should be  endured patiently . "Woe is me for my hurt! My wound is severe. But I say, “Truly this is an infirmity, And I must bear it.” Jeremiah 10:19 NKJV

  Suffering while engaged in ministry confirms your calling . True ministers of the gospel suffer more . " But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.
" II Timothy 4:5 NKJVBible Ministers are more conscious of the anointing of the Holy Ghost while suffering than when in pleasure . That is the essence of fasting . 
     Be faithful to your calling while suffering , that is how we attain spiritual maturity .Prophet David said " Trouble and anguish have overtaken me, Yet Your commandments are my delights." Psalms 119:143 NKJVBible True love in a marriage is built during sufferings . Suffering strengthens the bonds of a marriage. That is  what happens to gold in a fiery  furnace. The molecules fuse closer expelling any impurities . Suffering removes unwanted things and persons from our lives. 
   Murmuring against God increases the period of suffering depriving us of the opportunity to learn valuable lessons " in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.' I Thessalonians 5:18 NKJV  ( Job 1:20-22) While suffering ask the Lord for strength to endure, the Bible says ";Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms." James 5:13 NKJVBible 
   Be ready to go the long haul , take a firm stand for what you believe in  ,stand strong , stand tall while suffering , say "None of these things move me ..." (Acts 20:23-24). Like the prophets of old you shall  be referred to as an icon of faith . (James 5:10-11) . Servants of God are trained to always be prepared for trouble while having a positive outlook on life . The scriptures says "The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue each time."Psalms 34:19 NLT , (1Thes.3:3,4)
  Prayer : Heavenly father forgive me of my  sins against you.  I believe Jesus Christ died and was raised again for my salvation I receive him as Lord and saviour and receive the Holy Ghost and power  to stand strong  in faith in the face of crisis in Jesus name. 
+2348035536911 , +2348098536911 e-mail michaelbensonajayi@gmail.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAK EVIL FAMILY PATTERNS

CONSEQUENCES OF LACK OF FAITH

COMMON CAUSES OF DISUNITY.