HOW TO LOCATE YOUR CALLING THROUGH YOUR PASTOR (Part 2)


How do we start?
1 Tim 4:14 NIV “Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through a prophetic message when the body of elders laid their hands on you.”
Deut 34:9  KJV “ And Joshua the son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom; for Moses had laid his hands upon him: and the children of Israel hearkened unto him, and did as the Lord commanded Moses.”
     The laying on of hands by a spiritually believer (elder , pastor ) is an acknowledgment our willingness  to be under the authority of the Holy Spirit , every man or woman that was called of God must have hands laid on them for faith in their calling to be established in their hearts . Moses laid hands on Joshua Num 27:22-23 kjv   “ And Moses did as the Lord commanded him: and he took Joshua, and set him before Eleazar the priest, and before all the congregation:  And he laid his hands upon him, and gave him a charge, as the Lord commanded by the hand of Moses.”  The process of laying hands activates the faith for the spirit of wisdom and revelation . Your ministry is UNIQUE but similar in some aspects with the ministry of the minister who laid hands on you . Hands have been laid on me by Arch Bishop Prof .Benson Idahosa, Bishop Hartford Iloputaife , Evangelist Reinhard  Bonkke , Bishop David Oyedepo ,  on different occasions while growing as a young minister. This has created an insatiable hunger for God’s Word and helped reinforced my confidence in my calling to teach the gospel . The Bible should be your final authority.
   My spiritual father Bishop Hartford Illoputaife of the Faith Revival Ministries worldwide was a teacher of the gospel, it was through him that I became aware of apologetics and hermeneutics – the art of interpreting scriptures in line with reasonable faith. He instructed the congregation as I am doing to you now to start preaching wherever we find ourselves I remember having this urge to preach in a bus while returning from church in Lagos and as I began preaching, I felt a sense of fulfillment (my life finally had a meaning)   as I watched the passengers listen with keen interest as this 18 year old tried to share the story of how I got saved in a loving manner. I ended by requesting they prayed the sinner’s prayer with me.
      That was followed with bible study meetings with my neighbours and friends some of whom have grown into becoming ministers themselves. And when I moved to Port Harcourt for my studies in the university I simply continued by holding meetings in empty classrooms and organizing Christian music concerts and picnics that accorded me the opportunity to share the gospel to a different audience.
     Our ministry in the lord’s vineyard begins with developing a habit of ministering to the lord in private worship and meditating on scriptures during which we learn to hear directly from Him . I remember , my first opportunity to hear from God and speak publicly on a specific matter while praying for a lady one Sister Grace in Port Harcourt ,  who had invited the church to her home for lunch sometime  in the early 90’s  - I was asked to pray for her and while praying I had a picture of an incidence in 1979 with her husband who had abandoned her ( she was shocked that a complete outsider knew what  transpired in secret between two persons) I told her what God said he will do with regards to that situation and to the glory of God it came to pass . My confidence in the Word of God began to increase .
   We start our ministry by ministering to those who constitute our life’s circle , those we meet on a regular basis  - family members, coworkers , church members , students ,near –by  shop owners etc  . Start praying for the sick, brokenhearted , abandoned , poor .God will guide you and do not be ashamed or afraid of what the world will say or be intimidated by the challenges that may arise , God has got you covered ,  what matters most is you living a fulfilled life .
Prayer : Heavenly father forgive me of my sins against you , I believe Jesus Christ Died and was raised again for my salvation , I receive Him as lord and savior and make a commitment to be an instrument in your hands to save mankind in Jesus name  
+2348035536911, +2348098536911
Picture credit: pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAK EVIL FAMILY PATTERNS

CONSEQUENCES OF LACK OF FAITH

COMMON CAUSES OF DISUNITY.