PATHWAYS OF GRACE

  

By Rev Michael Benson Ajayi 

" You crown the year with a bountiful harvest;    even the hard pathways overflow with abundance." Psalms 65:11

"You have allowed me to suffer much hardship,    but you will restore me to life again  and lift me up from the depths of the earth. "  Psalms 71:20

   Grace is commonly defined as unmerited favour.. The Bible describes grace as a divine influence . Influence affects the life of the recipients and comes with it new challenges and opportunities. The opportunities are hidden behind the challenges requiring discernment to see them. Running away from problems is depriving yourself of the opportunities for promotion by grace.

   The theology that says grace delivers us from hardship and hard work is contrary to the teaching of the scriptures. Below are scriptures to prove this ; 

" A hard worker has plenty of food,  but a person who chases fantasies has no sense." Proverbs 12:11

" Lazy people are soon poor;     hard workers get rich." Proverbs 10:4

  "A hard worker has plenty of food,  but a person who chases fantasies has no sense."

Proverbs 12:11

"Wise words bring many benefits,  and hard work brings rewards. " Proverbs 12:14

":Wealth from get-rich-quick schemes quickly disappears;  wealth from hard work grows over time." Proverbs 13:11

Good planning and hard work lead to prosperity,  but hasty shortcuts lead to poverty. " Proverbs 21:5

" Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. " Romans 12:11

'The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose. And both will be rewarded for their own hard work."1 Corinthians 3:8

" In everything we do, we show that we are true ministers of God. We patiently endure troubles and hardships and calamities of every kind. " 2 Corinthians 6:4

I have worked hard and long, enduring many sleepless nights. I have been hungry and thirsty and have often gone without food. I have shivered in the cold, without enough clothing to keep me warm." 2 Corinthians 11:27

"That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:10

"If you are a thief, quit stealing. Instead, use your hands for good hard work, and then give generously to others in need. " Ephesians 4:28

 "Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear. " Philippians 2:12

  "That’s why I work and struggle so hard, depending on Christ’s mighty power that works within me. Colossians 1:29

 " Don’t you remember, dear brothers and sisters, how hard we worked among you? Night and day we toiled to earn a living so that we would not be a burden to any of you as we preached God’s Good News to you."

1 Thessalonians 2:9

“I know all the things you do. I have seen your hard work and your patient endurance. I know you don’t tolerate evil people. You have examined the claims of those who say they are apostles but are not. You have discovered they are liars. " Revelation 2:2

 Don't be quick to conclude that you do not have grace because of momentary difficulties in concluding a task, those who claim to have it easy because of grace are not sincere according to (Revelations 2:2) we all get caught in traffic , suffer insecurity problems etc. Hardship makes us more dependent on the lord thus increasing faith and wisdom .

Prayer : Heavenly Father forgive me of my sins against you I believe Jesus Christ died and was raised again for my salvation I receive him as lord and saviour and ask to be filled with your Holy Spirit and power for  breakthroughs. Amen

+2348035536911, +2348098536911 e-mail michaelbensonajayi @gmail.com





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAK EVIL FAMILY PATTERNS

CONSEQUENCES OF LACK OF FAITH

COMMON CAUSES OF DISUNITY.