WHY JESUS CHRIST IS CALLED SON OF GOD


By Rev Michael Benson Ajayi
 " For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6 NLT
   The word 'son' in this scripture is from the Hebrew word 'bên' it means order, class 'branch'. In this context the Son of God is a branch , order or class of God . Isaiah 9:6 is referring to Jesus Christ , he described himself with the qualities mentioned in this scripture.
    To understand the concept of a 'branch' , consider this statement : "dentistry is a branch of medical science that deals with dentition " you cannot separate dentistry from medical science , therefore, dentistry is a 'son' of medical science.. Jesus Christ is a class or branch of God and he has always existed and is eternal (Psalm 90:2) His wisdom and understanding and power is unlimited (Psalm147:5; Isa40:13-18) 
   God through Christ created the universe and man "In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him."John 1:1‭, ‬3 NLTGen Gen1:1 , Gen 1:26-27)
     Jesus Christ is all present , he fills the entire universe and all in all . "But who can really build him a worthy home? Not even the highest heavens can contain him! So who am I to consider building a Temple for him, except as a place to burn sacrifices to him?" 2 Chronicles 2:6 NLT
   We live and have our existence in him. He is the true God . Isaiah says “But you are my witnesses, O Israel!” says the Lord . “You are my servant. You have been chosen to know me, believe in me, and understand that I alone am God. There is no other God— there never has been, and there never will be. First I predicted your rescue, then I saved you and proclaimed it to the world. No foreign god has ever done this. You are witnesses that I am the only God,” says the Lord ."Isaiah 43:10‭, ‬12 NLT 
   God has good plans for you, that is what the Scriptures mean when it says, “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9 
    Prayer : Heavenly father forgive me of my sins against you I believe Jesus Christ died and was raised again for my salvation I receive him as lord and saviour and receive the Holy Ghost and power to work miracles in Jesus name. +2348035536911 +2348098636911 e-mail: michaelbensonajayi@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAK EVIL FAMILY PATTERNS

CONSEQUENCES OF LACK OF FAITH

COMMON CAUSES OF DISUNITY.