DEDICATING ONESELF TOTALLY TO GOD


By Rev. Michael Benson Ajayi 

“No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon." Matthew 6:24 NKJV

“As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.  If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

John 15:9‭-‬10 NKJV

 A dedicated follower of Jesus Christ is known as a disciple , this should be the ultimate goal in soul winning . God does not  want our churches full of members but with disciples . These persons are world changers driven by a passion to establish God's kingdom on earth . Disciples are followers of the teachings of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ said " For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you." John 13:15 NKJV

    A disciple must love the lord above all others . Jesus Christ said " He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me." Matthew 10:37 NKJV The disciple's service to the lord is borne out of gratitude and love for the lord . The scriptures says " He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.” Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him,  " John14:21;23 . The disciple's life is driven by the spirit of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ abides in him and vice versa (John15:4;9;10,1 John 2:6) They are soul winners . God's concept of a fruitful Christian is that they are using the fruits of the Holy Ghost to bear fruits or win souls into God's kingdom. The Bible says " By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples." John 15:8 NKJV

   Soul winning is in two ways directly (personal soul winning) and indirectly (training believers to become disciples ) this is the essence of the teaching ministry . The Bible says  "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded...." Matthew 28:19‭-‬20 NKJV We demonstrate love for the lord by teaching the gospel ( John21:15-17) A disciple is a person who obeys the lord . A disobedient Christian is not a disciple . The bible says ."Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;" John 8:31 KJV 

 As part of our daily prayers ,we should pray that the lord grants us a  disciple's heart and boldness to preach the gospel .

Prayer : Heavenly father forgive me of my sins against you i believe Jesus Christ died and was raised again for my salvation i receive him as lord and saviour and receive the Holy Ghost and power to preach the gospel with signs and wonders following  in Jesus name.

+2348035536911 +2348098536911 e-mail michaelbensonajayi @gmail. com 


    


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAK EVIL FAMILY PATTERNS

CONSEQUENCES OF LACK OF FAITH

COMMON CAUSES OF DISUNITY.