DEATH OF JESUS CHRIST : NECESSARY ,INTENTIONAL FOR SALVATION 2

  


Rev Michael Benson Ajayi

  Jesus points out in Luke 24:27 that Moses prophesied concerning the Messiah when he said, "And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself." Earlier in his ministry Jesus had said in John 5:46, "For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me." This is another reference to Deuteronomy 18:15-22.

  The Jews of Jesus' time were looking forward to the fulfilment of prophet Moses' prophesy. The Bible says in John 1:45 " Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph." From this reference, it is safe to deduce that Jews were looking for a fulfillment of Moses' prophecy and equated the prophet of Deuteronomy 18 to be the same as the Messiah.

  Apostle Peter made reference to Deuteronomy 18:19 in this light " Peter himself refers to this passage in Acts 3:22-23, "For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people." (Note Moses said ', I will require it of him.) meaning the Messiah will have power to judge humanity and condemn sinners ( Mark 16:15-16)

 Phillip a Jew also said in  Acts 7:37, "This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear."

  A Jewish high priest speaking by the holy spirit about Jesus Christ :the Messiah , said in John 11:49 -52 "And  one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high  priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know  nothing at all,  Nor consider that it is expedient  for us, that one man should die for the people,  and that the whole nation perish not.  And this  spake he not of himself: but being high priest  that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for  that nation;  And not for that nation only, but  that also he should gather together in one the  children of God that were scattered abroad.' Jesus Christ died to save humanity from sin.

  Jesus Christ's death was intentional , he said   "just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep. 

 “The Father loves me because I sacrifice my life so I may take it back again. No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded.”  John 10:15,17,18 NLT A God who cannot taste death cannot be said to be all-powerful.  The death of Jesus Christ and his resurrection was God's ultimate proof of God's All-powerfulness.

  Jesus Christ was in absolute control of the universe and the events surrounding his crucifixion and resurrection. God is all powerful doing an infinite number of things while fulfilling the demands of the law for the salvation of  mankind.

Prayer; Heavenly Father forgive me of my sins I believe Jesus Christ died and was raised again for my salvation I  receive him as Lord and saviour and receive power to overcome evil spirits .Amen.

+2348035536911, +2348098536911 e-mail : michaelbensonajayi@gmail.com




   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAK EVIL FAMILY PATTERNS

CONSEQUENCES OF LACK OF FAITH

COMMON CAUSES OF DISUNITY.