HE USES THE WEAK TOO

  


By Rev Michael Benson Ajayi 

  "Surely you remember that I was sick when I first brought you the Good News. But even though my condition tempted you to reject me, you did not despise me or turn me away. No, you took me in and cared for me as though I were an angel from God or even Christ Jesus himself." Galatians 4:13‭-‬14 NLT

  " The members of the council were amazed when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, for they could see that they were ordinary men with no special training in the Scriptures. They also recognized them as men who had been with Jesus." Acts of the Apostles 4:13 NLT

  The call to serve in the Lord's vineyard is the highest call to service . It is by his strength that we are able to accomplish anything . Apostle Paul preached in sickness very often. Preachers do suffer health challenges often , but they keep preaching regardless.  The bible says "For it is [not your strength, but it is] God who is effectively at work in you, both to will and to work [that is, strengthening, energizing, and creating in you the longing and the ability to fulfill your purpose] for His good pleasure." Philippians 2:13 AMP

   It is important that we learn communication skills through bible schools and language studies however that does not make for an effective minister . The ministering of the word and spirit is more of the working of the holy Spirit and less of human wisdom .

  Religion seeks to define God using human wisdom but this is devoid of the life-changing power of the Holy Spirit , this is why lives cannot be changed through religion .  Church growth without a positive change in the morals of the society is of little value.

   The ministry of the Holy Spirit requires God taking over a person and powerfully using him or her . The Bible says " for it is not you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you."Matthew 10:20 AMP

  Jesus Christ is the word of God and he puts his words in our mouth . To the preacher who has no confidence in ministry like young Jeremiah , the scriptures says " The Lord replied, “Don’t say, ‘I’m too young,’ for you must go wherever I send you and say whatever I tell you. And don’t be afraid of the people, for I will be with you and will protect you. I, the Lord , have spoken!” Jeremiah 1:7‭-‬8 NLT

     When Moses was called into ministry he initially allowed human wisdom govern him .It happens to all of us , "  But Moses pleaded with the Lord , “O Lord, I’m not very good with words. I never have been, and I’m not now, even though you have spoken to me. I get tongue-tied, and my words get tangled.” Then the Lord asked Moses, “Who makes a person’s mouth? Who decides whether people speak or do not speak, hear or do not hear, see or do not see? Is it not I, the Lord ? Now go! I will be with you as you speak, and I will instruct you in what to say.”

 Exodus 4:10‭-‬12 NLT. God used Moses in an extraordinary manner.

 Regardless of our talents, educational background , skills , God would want us to depend more on his power while preaching his word  "And my message and my preaching were very plain. Rather than using clever and persuasive speeches, I relied only on the power of the Holy Spirit. I did this so you would trust not in human wisdom but in the power of God"  1 Cor.2:4-5

 Prayer : Heavenly father forgive me of my sins against you I believe Jesus Christ died and was raised again for my salvation I receive him as lord and saviour and receive the Holy Spirit and power to heal the sick .

+2348035536911 +2348098536911 email michaelbensonajayi@gmail.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAK EVIL FAMILY PATTERNS

CONSEQUENCES OF LACK OF FAITH

COMMON CAUSES OF DISUNITY.