ONLY THREE THINGS MATTER IN LIFE

 



By Rev Michael Benson Ajayi  

  "  I collected great sums of silver and gold, the treasure of many kings and provinces. I hired wonderful singers, both men and women, and had many beautiful concubines. I had everything a man could desire! 

  So I became greater than all who had lived in Jerusalem before me, and my wisdom never failed me. 

 Anything I wanted, I would take. I denied myself no pleasure. I even found great pleasure in hard work, a reward for all my labors.   But as I looked at everything I had worked so hard to accomplish, it was all so meaningless—like chasing the wind. There was nothing really worthwhile anywhere. "Ecclesiastes 2:8-11. 

 "High and low,   rich and poor—listen!  They trust in their wealth   and boast of great riches.  Yet they cannot redeem themselves from death     by paying a ransom to God. Redemption does not come so easily,   for no one can ever pay enough to live forever and never see the grave. Those who are wise must finally die,     just like the foolish and senseless,     leaving all their wealth behind. 

 The grave is their eternal home, . They may name their estates after themselves,  but their fame will not last.     They will die, just like animals. This is the fate of fools,     though they are remembered as being wise. ..  So don’t be dismayed when the wicked grow rich and their homes become ever more splendid. For when they die, they take nothing with them. Their wealth will not follow them into the grave. In this life they consider themselves fortunate and are applauded for their success. But they will die like all before them  and never again see the light of day. People who boast of their wealth don’t understand; they will die, just like animals. Psalms 49:2-20 NLT 

   This psalm is a reminder of the certainty of death for all humans , each new day brings us closer to the day we shall take our last breath and appear before our maker. No amount of riches and please can stop that day. It also underscores the meaninglessness of striving to be famous and successful at the end of your life, all you have gathered : cars, houses, money will be taken by persons who did not labour for them. You are actually labouring for others. The wicked rich fellow would have laboured in vain because none of his assets will be added to his grave. Naked he came and naked he will be buried . His fame will no longer be spoken of. It will be of no use to him anymore.

 This is a certainty and a reality for all mortals and as such we should live while investing in the afterlife which is as real as the present .

   God is not impressed one bit by our earthly success but by how many persons have gotten born again through us and are bearing fruits of righteousness.( John15;16)  Contrary to the materialism gospel being preached by many preachers that places emphasis on foods and drinks the  Bible says " For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of what we eat or drink, but of living a life of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. " Romans 14:17 Your life should inspire people to desire to become born again, desire to live in peace and in the joy of the Holy Spirit. These are the three things that matters most in life. 

.Prayer; Heavenly Father forgive me of my sins against you I believe Jesus Christ died and was raiser again for my salvation I receive him as lord and saviour and ask to be filled with  the Holy  Spirit and power to  lead men to you . Amen.

+2348035536911 +2348098536911 email michaelbensonajayi@gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAK EVIL FAMILY PATTERNS

CONSEQUENCES OF LACK OF FAITH

COMMON CAUSES OF DISUNITY.