GOD SUPPLIES NEEDS NOT ALWAYS OUR WANTS.


By Rev. Michael Benson Ajayi 

"Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.” Hebrews 13:5 NLTBible

  "First, help me never to tell a lie. Second, give me neither poverty nor riches! Give me just enough to satisfy my needs. For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say, “Who is the Lord ?” And if I am too poor, I may steal and thus insult God’s holy name." Proverbs 30:8‭-‬9 NLTBible

    God wants the best for us , he created all things for  us to enjoy. While seeking for  fulfillment it is important we differentiate between our wants from our needs .

   A Want is a desire to possess or do something , it is a wish .On the other hand a need  is something we require because it is essential or very important rather than just desirable. 

    Food is a necessity so is clothes but not a house . You can do without a house by squatting with someone while you cannot do without food and clothes. Most persons would likely go through life without owning a personal house or car but won't be homeless but nobody can do without food and clothes. Marriages fail when couples cannot differentiate between needs and wants. Children should be  taught the difference between the two to avoid going into painful financial debts . It is unwise to destroy your marriage on account of giving your children what you cannot afford. 

    The bible says ":Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content." 

1 Timothy 6:6-8 NLTBIBLE 

    No matter how rich a person  becomes he can only consume food a spoon at a time . God wants us to approach life one step at a time without covetousness. The bible says "Then he said, “Beware! Guard against every kind of greed. Life is not measured by how much you own.”Luke 12:15 NLTBible and "Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.” So we can say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?” Hebrews 13:5‭-‬6 NLTBible

   There are moments in our journey of faith when life's challenges will result in a change in our situation and adversely affects our resources . Under such circumstances we are expected to discern wants from our needs. You may have to sell an item that is not a need in your life to get the money you need to start a business .  

The bible says " Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." Philippians 4:11‭-‬13 NLTBible

    For "It is better to be godly and have little than to be evil and rich.

" Psalms 37:16 NLTBible . The period of hardship is temporary however murmuring makes it appear longer and unbearable . The consequences of complaining instead of praying  are unbearable and life threatening . (Num 21:5,6) and avoid envying the prosperity of the wicked ( Psalm73:3-20) 

Prayer : Heavenly father forgive  me of my sins against you I  believe Jesus Christ died and was raised again for my salvation I receive him as lord and saviour and receive the Holy ghost and power for unlimited provision in Jesus name.

+2348035536911, + 2348098536911 e-mail michaelbensonajayi@gmail.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAK EVIL FAMILY PATTERNS

CONSEQUENCES OF LACK OF FAITH

COMMON CAUSES OF DISUNITY.