HOW TO HAVE PEACE IN THE FACE OF FEAR





By Rev. Michael Benson Ajayi 

'You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!" Isaiah 26:3 NLT"

 I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?" Psalms 56:11 NLTbible 

     Peace is the absence of disturbance , it is a state of tranquility . It is not necessarily the absence of problems but the assurance that the outcome of any event will be to ones' advantage and to the glory of God. 

    With this understanding it is possible to be in an abusive situation and be in peace . The Bible speaks of Joseph's incarceration in Egypt , he was not guilty of any crime but was framed up by his boss's wife . The scripture says the Lord was with him in prison .Before his imprisonment  " The Lord was with Joseph, so he succeeded in everything he did as he served in the home of his Egyptian master." Genesis 39:2 NLTbible  and while in prison " The warden had no more worries, because Joseph took care of everything. The Lord was with him and caused everything he did to succeed." Genesis 39:23 NLTbible  

  Wherever the lord is ,there is the fullness of joy . Joseph experienced extraordinary joy and peace regardless of his physical situation . This is the fruit of the Holy Ghost .   This extraordinary peace comes from total trust in the Lord .

   'Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me."Psalms 23:4 NLTbible  you can have peace while under threat ,the bible says " I have heard the many rumors about me, and I am surrounded by terror. My enemies conspire against me, plotting to take my life. But I am trusting you, O Lord , saying, “You are my God!” Psalms 31:13‭-‬14 NLTbible. 

   God is the same with his Word in the bible and trusting in his written and prophetic word  gives instant peace. The more of God's word you know , the more peace you will experience . "Those who love your instructions have great peace and do not stumble.' Psalms 119:165 NLTbible Married couples with a tradition of reading scriptures to themselves or are active in a home fellowship enjoy this peace . Request from your pastor to make your house a home fellowship centre ,wherever two or three are gathered in Jesus' name his peace shall be there. The bible is the strongest family bonding tool ."But all who listen to me will live in peace, untroubled by fear of harm.” Proverbs 1:33 NLTbible 
   Through the bible we are reminded of God's presence in our lives ,this gives peace ( Deut 20:3-4)  especially when surrounded by persons who are afraid (Isaiah8:12b, Isaiah34:4) .
   When fear is demon-inspired , remember God has given us power to cast out demons and when faced with overwhelming fear remember to ask for the Lord's help (psalm34;4) 
    
Seek to be filled with the Holy Ghost and courage to stand your grounds in the face of terror. (Heb.11:33,34, Acts 4:29,31 .
   Repentance from  sins and forsaking them opens the door for peace in our hearts “If only you would prepare your heart and lift up your hands to him in prayer! Get rid of your sins, and leave all iniquity behind you. Then your face will brighten with innocence. You will be strong and free of fear." 
Job 11:13‭-‬15 NLTbible 
  Prayer : Heavenly father forgive me of my sins against you I believe Jesus Christ died and was raised again for my salvation I receive him as Lord and saviour and receive the Holy Ghost and power to promote peace in Jesus name. 
+2348035536911: +2348098536911 e-mail michaelbensonajayi@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAK EVIL FAMILY PATTERNS

CONSEQUENCES OF LACK OF FAITH

COMMON CAUSES OF DISUNITY.